This policy may change from time, but if you are accessing this statement from the current version of my website you are reading the latest version.
The main thing for you to know is that I do not sell your information to third parties.
I take the security of your data very seriously. Various methods are used to keep data and access to the website safe and secure.
None of the data I hold about you is considered ‘sensitive’ under UK or EU law.
Your data – what I collect and store
Newsletter information for bulk email - In order to comply with internationally accepted best practice and with the law, I use MailChimp to send updates regarding our events or other activities to our registered users. MailChimp is certified to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
When you sign up to my newsletter you accept that your data may be held by MailChimp outside of the EU. You have the right to opt out of these emails and have your data deleted at any time. Any email you receive from me via MailChimp will give you the facility to unsubscribe.
I collect ONLY the following information that you voluntarily provide:
• Your First and Surname/Family name
• Your email address
This Website and any services provided on it are aimed at adults, and I do not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children aged under 16 years old. If you are under the age of 16, please do not provide me with any of your Personal Data, including your email address.
How I use your information
I use your information in the following ways:
1. To send you updates about my writing and my events
2. To communicate with you when you request it e.g. through the contact me page
3. To comply with any lawful request for data
Other types of information
I use other kinds of information such as log data to analyse my site's usage in order to make improvements. Services such as Google Analytics provide us with aggregated usage data that is not identifiable to an individual user.
Sharing and Disclosure
I do not share your information with, or sell to, third parties unless:
1. It is due to a lawful request under UK law e.g. a court order.
2. To protect myself or enforce my rights in the event of a dispute or security breach
I may share aggregated data that is not identifiable to an individual user for marketing or research purposes.
Accessing your Personal Data
You have legal rights in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions - or take the following actions - at any time by contacting me via email at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
– find out what Personal Data I hold about you, why I hold it and who it cold be disclosed to;
– ask me to change / correct your Personal Data;
– ask me to delete your Personal Data;
– object to the possessing of your Personal Data;
– ask me to restrict the possessing of your Personal Data;
– withdraw any consent you have previously given me in relation to possessing you Persona Data; and
– express any concerns you may have about third parties' use of your Personal Data.